Marinated Tofu and Watermelon Salad
An Asian-style tofu and watermelon salad.
- 600 g watermelon, seeds removed and cut into medium cubes
- 400 g silken tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roasted and coarsely crushed
- 2-3 spring onions (scallions) , green parts only, chopped
For the dressing
- 1 fat garlic clove, grated
- 4 tbsp Chinkiang black vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional), or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients making sure that they're well combined.
Place the tofu in a flat dish and pour half the dressing over, mixing very gently with a spoon to ensure all the tofu pieces are sitting in the dressing. Cover and set aside for 20 mins.
Arrange the watermelon pieces all around a large platter or shallow bowl. Gently heap the tofu in the centre and sprinkles the scallions all over.
Pour the remaining dressing all over the salad, scatter crushed peanuts and serve immediately.