Chicken Corn And Chilli Soup
A Mexican style chicken soup with plenty of fresh corn, chillies, cumin and coriander.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken thighs trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsps celery chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 300 g fresh corn kernels
- 500 ml chicken broth/water
- 2 tsps minced hot serrano or jalapeño chilies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic, cumin and oregano and saute for a minute more.
Add broth, tomatoes, corn and chilies, season with salt and bring to boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer until corn is tender, for 5 minutes.
Drop in the chicken and simmer until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in the black pepper, coriander and lemon juice.