Feta and Bacon Stuffed Salad Peppers
Sweet peppers with a savoury stuffing
- 6 red and yellow salad peppers
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Handful of raisins
- 2 tbsps fresh cilantro or coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly oil a baking tray or dish.
Slice off the tops of the peppers and scoop out as much of the seeds and filament as possible. Use a teaspoon to scrape them out easily
In a pan, fry bacon and when it is half cooked add the garlic and fry till lightly golden. In a bowl mix together fried bacon and garlic with all the other ingredients except the oil. I do not add salt since the feta and bacon compensate.
Stuff the peppers with the mix, leaving a few millimetres of space at the opening. Drizzle olive oil to coat the peppers and grill them for 10 minutes before turning them over. Grill for a further 7-10 minutes or till done.