Broccoli Cauliflower And Halloumi Penne
A wholesome vegetarian pasta dish
- 270 g penne pasta
- 11/2 cups medium-sized cauliflower florets
- 11/2 cups medium-sized broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 100 g halloumi cheese sliced into 1/2cm thick slices
- 1 cup sweet rocket washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Boil a large pot of water with salt and cook the pasta till al dente, drain and set aside.
Gently heat the olive oil and sear the cheese slices on medium heat for a minute or two. Remove from heat and slice into long strips.
Then lightly fry the garlic and tomatoes. Toss in the cauliflower and broccoli, sauté for 2 minutes, then cover and cook for 3-5 minutes more till cooked but still crunchy. Season with salt and mix in the pasta followed by the cheese taking care not to break up the veggies and the cheese.
Turn off the heat, sprinkle with cracked pepper, toss in the rocket, mix and serve immediately.