Quick Fruit 'n' Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy, gooey fruit-laden cookies
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 11/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mixed peel chopped
- 1/2 cup glacé cherries chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsps milk if necessary
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking sheet with greased parchment.
Sift together the flour with the baking soda.
Cream butter and sugar in a bowl and beat in the egg. Then mix in the flour and vanilla extract followed by the oats and dry fruit.
Use an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon to drop the sticky dough 1.5 inches apart on the baking sheet. Flatten each scoop lightly with a flat spatula and bake for 5-7 minutes till golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin.