Smoked Turkey and Rice Noodle Salad
A Vietnamese-style, salad meal
- 300 g Thai rice noodles
- 300 g smoked turkey thigh or breast cut into long thick slices
- 1 large cucumber halved and sliced into 1/2 mm-thick semi circles
- 2 medium young carrots peeled and cut into ribbons (use a potato peeler as you would to peel a carrot, to get ribbons)
- 1 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 11/2 tbsps Thai fish sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 11/2 tsp sugar
Soak the noodles in warm water for 7-10 minutes, rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
In a pestle, grind together the garlic and chillies into a coarse paste and mix in the sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil and lemon juice.
Place the noodles, turkey and vegetables in a large bowl and pour the chilli-garlic dressing over. Toss lightly. Sprinkle the coriander and spring onions on top and using your fingers toss again with a light touch. Serve.