South Indian Style Chicken Liver Pepper Fry
A spicy delicious way to cook chicken liver
- 300 g fresh chicken livers cleaned and trimmed of all connective tissue and cut into a big dice
- A handful of fresh curry leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 fresh green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp black peppercorns roughly crushed in a mortar
- 1 1/2 tbsps oil
Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 20 seconds taking care not to burn them.
Put in the green chillies, fry for 10 seconds and add the livers. Fry on medium-high heat to sear them. Once they get a nice brown coating (2-3 minutes), cover and cook for a further 5 minutes till soft and done.
Continue to stir and add the curry leaves, salt and pepper. Fry for a minute more till the spices are incorporated. It should resemble an almost dry, stir-fry kind of appearance. Serve hot.